Cliffside

Severance

L1: Registered
Nov 25, 2008
Alpine Helipad (formerly koth_cliffside)

Ive been lurking on this site and building maps for a while but haven't released anything up until this point. I participated in an 11 day contest on another site and came up with this. I still have a decent amount of work to do so this probably not a true beta 1 but its playable and pretty fun. I'm sure it still needs optimizing but i did a lot of that already for the next release. I won't be able to update this much in the next couple of weeks due to moving but after that I will be getting back to it. So I figured I'd put it up now and add any feedback into the next release.

The premise is that the two teams are fighting over a helipad on a remote mountain cliff. I have a helicopter model that I am going to put in to fly around for each side and when the winning team wins, ideally ill make it land if i can figure it out. this site has been a great help for me and i have used some of the prefabs and props in this map with thanks.

Any input on what you think would be great since I have only played with bots and 1 other friend. But it has lead to some fun matches even then so I'd imagine its better with people.

also, I notice there are a few other cliffside's up here so i changed the name to koth_helipad_a1

Last edited:

sHiZo

Feb 2, 2010
Hey there :) I saw your Map at wold and wanna say: Gratz to your third place ;)
I looked through your whole process of the mapmaking and it inspired me :)
It would be cool, if more mappers made such a *.pdf File with the whole process of the Map, so everyone would see the mapper thoughts at different stages of the process.

I haven´t played it yet, but it looks fun :)

Greetings sHiZo

PS: Please excuse my bad english

toutfou

L3: Member
Sep 8, 2008
Looks nice! Do you have plans to shrink down some of your brush work? Your stairs, trims and support beams are quite large. Making them smaller and adding extra detail to them would make it feel a bit more authentic.

As for the helicopter idea, sounds good but also tricky to implement for something that players may not always notice (as they're always running after the losers/hiding from the winners). Perhaps you could use it in another way, such has having the rotors spinning and players being able to fall/compression blast others into it?

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
TF2 play in the 60's, i dont think helicopters really existed back then (excluding prototypes), so i dont think that the name is really good...

Anyway, looks nice :)

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
TF2 play in the 60's, i dont think helicopters really existed back then (excluding prototypes), so i dont think that the name is really good.

Working helicopters have been in civilian use since the late 40s.

Last edited:

Severance

Nov 25, 2008
i will definitely look over those 2 links before i release the next version. there is still some detailing and things to fix but i just havent had time to make the list just yet.

thanks for the suggestions!

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
TF2 play in the 60's, i dont think helicopters really existed back then (excluding prototypes), so i dont think that the name is really good...

Anyway, looks nice :)

Circa 1942. How else did Vietnam happen?