Cliffside

FiLi

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 14, 2009
A map I am working on called PL_Cliffside.

So, here's the story. RED has inhabited this old abandoned western town on the side of this giant cliff. At the bottom of the cliff, they have built an orphanage, where they are training tiny assassins. BLU must destroy this place before a new breed of warrior is to be dealt with. I am very bad at the correct design process, so i tend to do details before other things. Here is a video of some of the map so far:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r249L3yCwGY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Cliffside 3[/ame]

Please post helpful comments and thanks in advance!

PS: One thing I am VERY aware of is the amount of open space in this map so dont get worked up about it please.

Last edited:

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
yeah open space as you mentioned is really somethingyou want to work on.
From what iv'e seen, you will have a lot of displacement to do. I'd suggest you get working on them only once you're sure about your layout. as for the layout, a lot of the space felt useless. you need to reduce these useless area to a minimum and keep the action closer to the cart.

FiLi

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 14, 2009
yeah open space as you mentioned is really somethingyou want to work on.
From what iv'e seen, you will have a lot of displacement to do. I'd suggest you get working on them only once you're sure about your layout. as for the layout, a lot of the space felt useless. you need to reduce these useless area to a minimum and keep the action closer to the cart.

I know that displacement usually come last. And im not really sure what useless space there really is since a lot of areas like the fenced-off boxes are inaccessible

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
One thing, how was a bridge like the one in the video made out of wood (the curved one) :p

Apr 19, 2009
3260515854_00b2c07cb3.jpg

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
What arc tool?

EDIT: Do you mean the arch on the menu where at defualt it says block?