CP Clay

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Joey, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Joey

Joey L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys. This is my first non contest map posted to this site. Aimed (keyword, aimed) to competitive, as I felt this would be the best way to learn balance techniques early on. Anywho, its called clay because its red.

Feedback appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing Back home in Jupiter, things are getting harder

Positive Ratings:
    Man, I just started a map called cp_claypot last night! I've been name-ninja'd!

Anyways, this looks interesting, albeit possibly overscaled (I'm looking at the last two sceeenshots). 2nd looks great!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Joey

Positive Ratings:
    Haha my bad!
    Yeah the lobby area between second and last is pretty open/overscaled and boring. I'll work on that for the next version. And thanks! :p

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not an expert on what comp likes, but I know that a last that simple (all entrances viewable from spawn, one/two sentries can cover all entrances) won't be good enough for them. You've avoided making a last too simple already with the lower route, but you're going to have to be a bit more creative with it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Joey

Positive Ratings:
    I will make sure to spice up last in a2 as well as add some sort of line of sight blocker from the spawns

6. LeNitrous

LeNitrous L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I do believe Valerie has some tutorials for competitive mapmaking. grazr's Guides, Articles and Tutorials help too

• Thanks Thanks x 1