claustrofoby

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
my second map-upload: claustrofoby

Screenshots don't do it any good, as the map still looks very bad, and there is no overview.

In this level, you dig, yes dig. The map consists of tunnels that need to be dug out and will eventually lead to the control point.

==digging guide==
if it is light-brown dirt, it can be dug, if it is not, it can't be dug
To dig, shoot at it, after it has taken enough damage it will be destroyed.

==underground guide==
You cant get back up unless
-there are teleporter
-you rocket/sticky jump

Underground there are 3 types of non-diggable materials.
blu/gray concrete -> these are the walls of the blu tunnel, if you are blu, follow them
red wood -> these are the walls of the red tunnel, if you are red, follow them
dark brown earth -> these are tunnel that lead from the blu to red tunnel and vice versa, use them to prevent the other team from digging.

Red is capable of taking the blu tunnel and vice versa, but in the end, the red tunnel will block the blu team and vice versa

I hope this idea inspires an experienced mapper

todo list
-create decent spawns.
-make the map more scout/sniper friendly by adding an open space
-add heathkits/ammo boxes
-make map look decent

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
You love destructables, don't you?

And BTW, I believe the word you're looking for is 'claustrophobia', not claustrophoby.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
I, too, love destructables.

I hope this does that proud.

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
While destructible are indeed awesome, the way this map does it is a little weird/overboard.

From how it looks right now, it just seems like it is a race to destroy the most stuff first with minimal engagement with the enemy. I think you need to have some more alternative pathing that allows for blu and red to engage with each other right off the bat.

Also possibly something to do with the digging is make it so the digging can get you into shortcuts, open up ambush areas so you can run over into the other teams area. Also I think this map may be better off with some more CPs to make it so it isnt just digging to race to the first point and cap it in 1 sec.

It is a really interesting concept though, and I would love to see where you take it. :)

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
You love destructables, don't you?

And BTW, I believe the word you're looking for is 'claustrophobia', not claustrophoby.

Yeah probably, english isn't my first language

While destructible are indeed awesome, the way this map does it is a little weird/overboard.

From how it looks right now, it just seems like it is a race to destroy the most stuff first with minimal engagement with the enemy. I think you need to have some more alternative pathing that allows for blu and red to engage with each other right off the bat.

Also possibly something to do with the digging is make it so the digging can get you into shortcuts, open up ambush areas so you can run over into the other teams area. Also I think this map may be better off with some more CPs to make it so it isnt just digging to race to the first point and cap it in 1 sec.

It is a really interesting concept though, and I would love to see where you take it. :)

* On egagement with the enemy
You can engage with the enemy above ground.
There are 3 tunnels leading from blu to red. (I will remove the diggeble stuff, so engagement is easier)
* On shortcuts
You can take the enemy tunnel.
I will think about this more
* On multiple cp's
I will think about how to improve this

Thanks for you comment

p.s. I love higurashi as well