Class specific trigger hurt?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

ProselyteCanti

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2014
Is there a way to make a trigger_hurt only kill a specific class? For example, making an area automatically kill snipers. Is this possible? I looked into filters, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
I'm fairly sure it's possible, but I'm not sure exactly why you would want to do it in the first place.

ProselyteCanti

Mar 27, 2014
I'm fairly sure it's possible, but I'm not sure exactly why you would want to do it in the first place.

Tbh, its to keep snipers out of harder to reach/easily campable places. Especially ones near spawns and such. I mean obviously camping in hard to reach places is part of playing sniper, but they become a nuisance very quickly.

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
Tbh, its to keep snipers out of harder to reach/easily campable places. Especially ones near spawns and such. I mean obviously camping in hard to reach places is part of playing sniper, but they become a nuisance very quickly.
That doesn't sound like very good game design, to be honest, and this coming from a guy who has virtually no game design experience.
Instead of putting up random death zones, why don't you put some basic buildings or props to break up their sight-lines, thus making the campable area unappetizing.

Mar 23, 2013

I doubt it's possible. Some kind of class-filter would be awesome and that would have come in handy for me so many time, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible

Haromnyuszi

Oct 20, 2010
This really got my imogination going. I sometimes make 1v1 maps for me and some friends . Stuff like this really is usefull when u design for a small scale fun, joke map kinda thing. If some one knows how to do this I want to know badly.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Is there a way to make a trigger_hurt only kill a specific class? For example, making an area automatically kill snipers. Is this possible? I looked into filters, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

If some one knows how to do this I want to know badly.

I doubt it's possible. Some kind of class-filter would be awesome and that would have come in handy for me so many time, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible

4TDCpKJ.png

Hmmm.