KotH Circus

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by YM, Jan 29, 2012.

1. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I love loopholes.

3. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I love whole loops.

4. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Positive Ratings:
    Mirror symmetry. Interesting...

Just out of interest will there be a hall of mirrors?

5. Yacan1

aa Yacan1 D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R

Positive Ratings:
    needs 20% more rings of fire

6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Regarding the large white building next to the CP and between the two train tracks, sentries just inside of the doorway and looking onto the point can be a real pain in the arse as there's no real flanking opportunities besides fighting head to head and hoping the SG doesn't get you in the process.

The version we played was with the one that had the metal tank by the CP and i can't tell which image is the most up to date. Perhaps your new version plays a little differently. But gameplay after a few rounds became engi's setting up inside that doorway covering the point and then attackers fighting head to head in order to take out the SG from a more comfortable position.

Not sure what sort of gameplay you desire for circus but this got really repetitive after a while.

Other than that, many people commented saying it's like how comp players wanted viaduct to play. I enjoyed it until the engi's found that niggly spot looking onto the CP.

7. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    The railings on the balconies are bad imo. Someone standing on the balcony can easily spam pipes or stickies over the edge but can only be shot through a tiny slit.

8. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    I played the map on the gameday earlier today, and I actually saw it a while back and was eager to play. (I just like the idea of a circus themed map.) The map looked and played subtely like viaduct, but had it's own flavour. If that makes any sense. I also really did like that ticket booth area up back behind the capture point. Althought it had the interesting look and style, it felt very open and large, and playing as a pyro I felt too unprotected unless I was staying inside of a building.

I'm not the best at feedback in the slightest, but I hope this helps a bit. It might just be me feeling that large-ness.

9. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think the indoor bits are the most interesting combat spaces, they tend to be shaped more so they are more readily optimised rather than interesting to play in.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Mostly seen redesigns as of the next version. I stuggle with small indoor spaces and not just ending up with the easiest space to optimise, but something that flows nicely too.

11. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    Now is when you might be able to sillouhette the door frame on the wall... but either way, I think that looks pretty good.

13. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Can you re-express that for me, I don't know what you're talking aboot

14. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, right.

In your original lighting, you had light shining out of the upper windows and creating a shadow of the window frame on the opposite building. You could try and do a similar thing with the fence gate and the headlights. The shadow of the fence gate onto the wall of the opposite building would be interesting... Not sure how it would look, but it would help accent the lighting.

15. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I tried getting the right most door fully lit by the headlights, the middle has some shadows from the gate on it, as does the right side of the right most door (look in the third image)

16. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
  17. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
  18. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    Looks cool, the red light is out of place, and you should smooth a lil' the displacements on the top, it's too curved imo.

19. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think the red light is a brake light on the truck.

20. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    You should be using a wide angled spot rather than radial light (angle of the outer/inner of 85)