Charecter models

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ChickenHunter, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ChickenHunter

ChickenHunter L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is it possible to put the models of charecters in the map without them doing anything? Like have them just stand there? If so then can i also use half-life 2 models? Because i want to make my map to have a window and behind that window for there to be Eli/Judith be standing by an engie with a nuke in front of them :p

2. spaceweasels

aa spaceweasels

Positive Ratings:
    The TF2 players models will be supported using props_dynamic, but as you mention, will just stand there and do nothing.

The same is true about the HL2 models. There might be the odd person who doesn't have Halflife 2, so They'll see a big ugly ERROR message in the map.

3. ChickenHunter

Positive Ratings:
    Error when they load the map or a floating giant red ERROR where the model is supposed to be?

4. spaceweasels

aa spaceweasels

Positive Ratings:
    A floating giant red 3D error.

5. ChickenHunter

Positive Ratings:
    Lol oh well their problem :p

6. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, check out the studio map (http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/46179) to see some models in-game. Actually i am not sure how they were done, since they clearly have custom clothes on. The terminator guy in the lava is awesome though.

7. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    you *can* extract the model with gfcscape and add it to your map. but thats against the eula.... im just sayin'...

8. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Decompiled and retextured, and put in a pose.

9. Hawk

Hawk L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've actually always wanted to recreate the Iwo Jima Memorial with TF2 characters for a statue in my map. I may check out gfcscape.