KotH chapel

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Since this has been tested i think it's worth throwing a thread up finally.

Obviously i'll rename it for the contest submission, but this'll be it's post contest official name.

Last edited:

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
From my personal experience playing it felt a bit flat, and attacking the point with more than a heavy medic combo on it felt a tad hard. The extra paths in the back felt odd, brighten them up a bit more to attract players attention maybe? Overall it wasn't that bad, nice aesthetic.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
My chapel's grass brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's bigger than yours.

There's only so much height variation you can put into such a small map. I understand what you mean about it feeling flat but for the moment the roof accessability will have to do until i can spend more time on this map. As for the back, "it's weird" doesn't really tell me anything, it's an excellent flanking route to the CP and forward position for sentry nests; but i would say the walls and confined corridory-ness of that furthest flank, despite it's multiple corners, open sky and entrance ways, does feel like it forces particularly linear combat.

As it stands i could expand the space to allow more space to fight at either end of the flank, but it wont be in time for the submission deadline as i have other things to do today. It'll be something i consider later, post-contest.

EDIT: The primary problem at the moment is that the flank only gets used about 25% of the time because it's much more appealing to assault the point head on as you only have to cross 512 units of land when exiting the spawn building, pass through a door and you're there. If i moved the spawn back, the flank might be less undesirable when assaulting as the difference in travel distance would be more negligable, and thus the flank would be more appealing.

The frustrating thing at the moment is people are marking it down because they don't use it and thus don't see anyone else use it from their first person perspective, even though it gets used plenty. A 25% used flank is still a used flank that is better than no flank at all.

Last edited: