CTF chaos 2015-10-01

Vilepickle

1. Vilepickle

Vilepickle L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is a remake of the Q3F and ETF map "Chaos" by Matt Wilson. It is suitable for smaller CTF games.

Chaos has been played in STA, TWL, and UGC.

---

I have several final maps in the old archive of TF2M, so I'm reposting them in the main workshop area since that's where they should be these days.

I don't currently have plans to revise Chaos unless popular demand... demands it.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Suddenly. Flashbacks to 2009.
    Good job, even though I'm a few years late! :)

Im also digging the brush based aesthetics.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I realize you're going for retro on this map, but really if you updated the detailing and texturing (for example, doing medieval textures on the towers, and tossing in some "traditional" TF2 spytech on the innermost areas), you'd have one damn fine looking map.

The brushwork for the towers is good enough that it deserves more than retro.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Why is this in the showcase?

Neither this nor mach are particularly good maps :S

5. Vilepickle

Positive Ratings:
    That's an interesting opinion... I've heard it the other way a lot more in the past 4 years. I'm fairly sure most maps get moved to showcase when they're final versions and they've been battle-tested (and they're not joke/gimmick/first maps). At least that's what I've read. If I'm wrong, let me know.

6. Vilepickle

Positive Ratings:
    Indeed, with some work Chaos could be updated to look more interesting with all the new assets floating around. I'm not sure the gameplay would change significantly, if at all, so I don't think a vanity update is something I'd make time for.

7. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    The showcase section is for finished high quality maps that both look good and play great.

While these maps may have been decent for 2008 back when warpath was the pinnacle of level design, there isn't really any way that it can be claimed that they compare to maps like escarpment, upland, desertion, and so on.

8. 3Dnj

aa 3Dnj Ducks

Positive Ratings:
    We spent a lot of time on my (RIP) server on this map One of the best ctf I've played.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Vilepickle

Positive Ratings:
    If you'd like to request to admins that they be removed from showcase, be my guest. I am claiming they meet the criteria. I'm not claiming they're better than those maps.

10. sitebender

sitebender L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    The map looks and feels different than other TF2 maps which is a good thing. But on the downside I feel this is way too easy and yet strangely addicting. Maybe I need to play against humans, but the bots managed to constantly get the case within a minute and make it back pretty quick. It took no skill really. Just kill everyone, grab the case then get to the roof or out the ground floor way while they're still spawning. Engis don't even have enough time to get sentries up before the case is gone. Mini sentries maybe, but a scout can nab it and be gone.

With all of that being said, because its a quick map I found it addicting to play. Like I kept playing it when I normally don't care for CTFs due to 20 - 40 minute stalemates. I ended up playing 20+ minutes and doing 5 full games.

I think if you deviate from Quake 3 and make the courtyard take longer to work your way through that could bennefit things.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Hi Docter

Hi Docter L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Good one and it's kind of Having Good Textures Good Buildings 100/100
    Not Really Tho. So It's have nice Old Buildings these Buildings is from the past and whoa , Nice...:chord:

12. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    2 year bump.. Good job

13. Lain

aa Lain Resident wrong opinion holder

Positive Ratings:
    is this a new dank copypasta i'm not aware of

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. JMaxchill

JMaxchill L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    For once, I agree with Dave.

15. Lain

aa Lain Resident wrong opinion holder

Positive Ratings:
    Good one and it's kind of Having Good Textures Good Buildings 100/100
    Not Really Tho. So It's have nice Old Buildings these Buildings is from the past and whoa , Nice...:chord:

16. ExtraCheesyPie

ExtraCheesyPie L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings: