Changing the Amount of Players to Cap Dynamically

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Digaag Wa Riz, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Digaag Wa Riz

Digaag Wa Riz L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's been a while since I've created a thread but I have a question.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make a capture point in such a way that every member of either team has to be present to capture it. In order to do that I need some way of outputting to the capture area that it should change how many players from each team it needs to be able to capture. Naturally, whenever a player leaves the server there needs to be one less needed to capture from that team.

Does anyone know if this is possible WITHOUT a plugin?

I tried using a math_counter with the OutValue output but there needs to be a SetHowManyRedToCap or some such input which doesn't exist for that to work.

2. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    This is a bad idea, since the gameplay would be horrible. It takes just one guy to ruin this. And it doesn't even have to be a troll. And idler suffices. Or someone who is busy doing something else. Like say, backstabbing or sniping. Or flanking or maintaining a building or spychecking or...

3. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    You would have to count the players (a more entity-inclined person than myself could explain this) and use that count to base it off of. I'm sure it's possible, though.

Henke: You don't know what this project is for. This might not be a concern.

4. Digaag Wa Riz

Digaag Wa Riz L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Oh no it's a concern, just one I hadn't thought of. I just need some objective to be achieved in which some members of a team are isolated from others at certain times. I guess a capture point wouldn't work very well. It also involves time travel so we'll see how that works out.

5. wareya

wareya L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    lol time travel

6. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    L4D added an output for trigger_multiple to fire when an entire team is inside the volume, just beg Valve to backport that to TF2!

7. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    Use a mat_counter. Have players add onto the counter when they enter the trigger volume and subrtract from it when they leave it. Then you just need to make the mat_counter activate a second capture trigger upon reaching the desired number.