Changing team of which pushes the cart in payload

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Poke, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Poke

Poke L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Is it possible to change which team pushes the cart hammer tf2?
    I have tried so many things now...

Thanks in advance :)

2. Poke

Positive Ratings:
    The only thing I cant get to work is when it should move and the HUD still show a blue cart. When you try to push the cart it just shows up with a big X above the cart in the HUD. And when you do the same as blue it shows the X and some text saying defend this point.

3. Davekillerish

aa Davekillerish Lvl O: Orange Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is this for PLR? Or just a payload varient?
    Also does it happen because of something, or does it start off that way?
    If red team can push the cart, use the red cart model and path from the PLR logic in the ABS rescource pack.

4. Poke

Positive Ratings:
    Its for plyload, and I got the thing where it is already made, then I tried to change stuff so it works for the red team instead of the blue team. But I cant get it to work fully.
    Or maybe its just hard-coded for blue only?

5. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    So you want only the RED team push the cart? You need to change team_control_point_round entity settings and change there BLU instead of RED on winning and make necessary changes for the payload to work. I haven't tested but that's where i would start.

6. Poke

Positive Ratings:
    So, as I said I have done a lot already I only have a few things that does not work, which is game breaking.
    1. The cart does not move when you walk up to it. (It shows a cross for both teams like its blocked or something. For the blue team which is defending it shows with some text saying defend this point. For the red(Pushing team) team it just shows the cross)
    2. The cart shows up in blue at the HUD, I changed all the points to be blue tho.

Any suggestions?

7. Luigi1000

Luigi1000 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well I believe the hud for normal pl is default to blue so not much on that end. As for the issue of the team capping, change you team_control_point_round to restrict blue from winning, change the team for the trigger_capture_area for the bomb cart to red only. Remember to list all control points in your team_control_point_round.

8. Dr. Orange

Dr. Orange L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    You need to set the team_train_watcher's team value to red as well.

9. Vel0city

aa Vel0city personal pick-pocketing parrot

Positive Ratings:
    Why are you making RED attack and BLU defend in payload? It's generally a good idea to stay with the way the game has always been: BLU attacks and RED defends. This goes for all maps where there's an attack/defend scenario (so Attack/Defend and Payload). If there isn't a logical reason to have RED attack in a scenario where BLU normally does that stay away from it and let BLU do the attacking.

If you do have a reason why RED has to attack, you have to make sure that all entities that normally make BLU push and RED defend are basically inverted to a point where RED attacks and BLU defends, so that means switching teams on the trigger_capture_area attached to the bomb, set the team_train_watcher to RED and update the team_control_point_round so that it restricts BLU from winning, as said above. And of course, change the BLU bomb model to RED's. But again, if it's regular payload stay with BLU attacking and RED defending. It saves you from having potential headaches with entities later on because you switched all the payload-specific entities to RED and it doesn't confuse players playing on your map.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  10. Poke

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, thanks.