changes for mappers (re:scout update)

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
well it's nice to know that they do add/change things that are suggested, but personally i'm curious how they choose which things need adding.

maybe we could compile a list together as a community over a few weeks, and then send the top 10 fixs/changes/additions to valve?

i have my own short list of things i'd like to see fixed/added:

- fix func_rotate (i mean come on, how long has this been broken?)

- brush based entity that forces a dropped flag to return (e.g. if you fall into a pit with a hurt brush in it, the flag can't get retrieved, so it'd be better off returning)

- input for forcing a CP to be at 0% 25% 50% 75% etc capped -> so you could tie it to other events on the map (such as a moving platform for example)

- ability to filter by class. ("filter_TFcharacterclass"?)

- ability to make an ambient generic play everywhere, but only be heard by one team (e.g. for adding announcements that don't fit to normal announcement conditions - like if you want a defending team to know when the attackers pass through a door for the 1st time, but don't want to make it appear as text on screen)

- a brush based entity that reacts to engineers as if it were a building. (complete with allowing a filter for setting red/blu/any, and a way to add health to it)