Change your timers, Valve's done it again.

mariodude146

L1: Registered
Oct 21, 2010
Man, it was going to come out 10 days before my B-day, but now it's going to come out 2 months after my B-day.:(

Apr 13, 2009
Better to disappoint with delays than with poor games. I mean, it's not like they've ever met a deadline when it comes to one of their major titles ?

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
It's true, what you say. I'd rather get an amazing game that lasts many years than get an okay game two months earlier that lasts half the time.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Even if Valve released a game that had only been in development for a couple weeks it'd probably still kick balls. I mean, look at minecraft, i know it's not a Valve game but how many people are enjoying that? It's only in alpha.

I'm sure they have their valid reasons, but it's still disappointing to hear we have to wait longer than intended.

Last edited:

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I think the problem with talking about "Valve time" is that "features and products many people want" get confused with "things where a quick turnaround is more important than features".

If the distinction is unclear, consider the difference between "Portal 2 on sale" versus "Hammer no longer crashes on startup".

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
mmmm baby I can't wait to load up hammer when the update comes out

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
If Valve says it will be out in April, that means it will come out in July, unless Valve says it will come out in July, in which case it'll be their big release for Christmas 2011.

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
Taking all bets here. When do you think Portal 2 will be released?

Also, a little math to help you figure it out

V = Number a sandviches Heavys have eatten * Number of times Valve employees have cheated in private matches / 42;

Orange box release date / (Portal 2's approximate release date + V) + Robin's weight = Portal 2's actual release date.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Did you really not see this coming?
Actually, no. They managed to release L4D2 on time so I was starting to have some faith in them, but I guess this is a "bigger" game.

Well, I'm just happy they're not rushing it.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Actually, no. They managed to release L4D2 on time so I was starting to have some faith in them, but I guess this is a "bigger" game.

Well, I'm just happy they're not rushing it.

It's crazy, it is.

But really, I reckon it's a good thing that they're delaying. It means people won't start having faith in them, leading to expectations that they'll release on time, leading to nerdRage when they inevitably don't, whether it happens in 2 years, 5 years, 10 years or 20.

Last edited: