KotH Cement A7

Cement is a King of the Hill map centered around a concrete manufacturing plant.

1. Waugh101

Waugh101 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Cement - Cement is a King of the Hill map centered around a concrete manufacturing plant.

Cement is a King of the Hill map centered around a concrete manufacturing plant.

An overview of the map In-Game:

The Control Point:

Spawn Court Yard:

This is the first map I've uploaded to TF2Maps.net, so please let me know if I missed something when uploading and didn't notice. Since this is my first finished TF2 Alpha map so don't expect anything of VALVe quality. That said, any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Enjoy!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. Tuaam

Tuaam L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. Waugh101

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, I should have checked that before naming it, my mistake! I'll be sure to change it at once!

4. Waugh101

Positive Ratings:
    Alright, koth_concrete is now officially koth_cement!

5. Waugh101

Positive Ratings:
    Unfortunately, an issue came up while play testing that I didn't experience while play testing by myself. That issue being, BLU spawned inside the RED spawn room, as did RED. As you can imagine, that wasn't enjoyable for anybody! This issue should be fixed now, and hopefully you all will enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Waugh101

Positive Ratings:
    Well, my map got tested for the first time! Exciting stuff! Anyways, the play testers provided some very useful feedback; thanks to everybody who participated! On to the patch notes!

-----Major Changes-----

+ Added additional details

+ Brightened up the RED exit from the spawn courtyard

+ Piled up some junk to the spawn exit flanks

- Removed the crates from mid

- Removed collisions from the cones in mid

-----Bug Fixes-----

* Changed the spawn door trigger outputs from OnStartTouch to OnStartTouchAll

* Removed damage push from death pit triggers

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Bereth

Bereth L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    A few things you may want to change before 6v6 testing:

[​IMG]
    Add a new light.

[​IMG]
    Your stairs are only clipped for players, not bullets.

[​IMG]
    There's a general lack of ammo on this map, adding a medium here would be good.

[​IMG]
    6s players hate death pits. Pretty much a non-starter.

[​IMG]
    Pushing the health pack up, shrinking it, adding ammo, and extending the fence could improve this area and kill the death pit.

[​IMG]
    Many competitive players have mat_phong on 0. Up to you whether this is a problem or not.

[​IMG]
    You can open the opposing team's spawn door. The spawn doors also open quite slowly.

[​IMG]
    Might want to clean up the clipping in this area.

[​IMG]
    Erroneous nodraw.

Otherwise the map could be quite good in 6v6. Looking forward to seeing it updated.

8. Waugh101

Positive Ratings:
    Wow! Thanks for such a detailed reply! I really appreciate the feedback. I've learned a lot about mapping through this project. Look out for an update to it this weekend!