Caves187

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Drehking187, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Drehking187

Drehking187 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Herewith, I publish now the first beta release of my map CTF Caves187 for Team Fortress 2. The map consists of 2 bases which lie in the interior of a mountain. In each of these bases is the intelligence of a team. In the middle of the map the hill opens up in a kind of valley with a little lake in the middle. The two base entrance are protected by fortifications and are connected by a bridge.

Even if the map is quite small, it nevertheless has a high fun factor.*

Who wants to play the map, may like to download it or allude to the Public Server of sBesign.de.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    :O
    Very pretty, although I'm not sure the stone texture on the castles really fits with TF2. Your choice though

3. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks nice, sunlight looks perfect.

4. FlavorRage

FlavorRage L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Might want to change the textures of the castle walls and the water.

There's a great cobblestone wall texture from sawmill (There's a snowy version in viaduct) that you can use for the castles, and the water should be a different one, because the texture you're using now is from HL2. Otherwise, looks nice!

5. Drehking187

Positive Ratings:
    thx :) ill give it a try... with the watertex i hav a kind of bug just as with some objects... i cant see the the textures -.- maby u guys know how to fix it ;) i think it has something to do with my tf2? look at screenshot 3 with the Intelligence for example :(

6. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
  7. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
  8. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    Please link to the pictures I had a huge load time for them. Also, the water beneath the dock is from hl2. As for the texture, make sure you're choosing water not water_dx8 or water_beneath, as anything with beneath in it will not show up.

Also, put in an env_tonemap to the map to control that HDR. Put in the settings via inputs so logic auto>env_tonemap inputs. For reference examine a valve map or download this, which is very helpful for setting an environment based on the map/skybox.

9. Drehking187

Positive Ratings:
    thx for the help guys :) I fixed it...
    /*Edit*/
    The 187 stands for death ;)