Catwalk

CP Catwalk A5c

Kataiser

L1: Registered
Aug 3, 2015
Catwalk - The only other map named "Catwalk" is a deleted trade map

A 2cp, 1 stage A/D map, set in a Powerhouse-like Red facility that is partially underground at night. It only has the first point for now, but I have the second one sketched out. Because Red spawns practically on the point, it's a little Red sided (maybe). It's my third map (second for TF2), so apologies if it sucks.

View attachment 14251 View attachment 14252 View attachment 14253 View attachment 14254 View attachment 14255 View attachment 14256 View attachment 14257 View attachment 14258 View attachment 14259

Kataiser

Aug 3, 2015
You seem to have a fairly good grasp on scaling in tf2. My only concern would be that a lot of your pathways seem very narrow and linear.

Thank you! My first map had quite inconsistent scaling, so that is one of my focuses for this. My pathways are probably too linear, but I tried to keep them wider (with one exception).

theatreTECHIE

Yet another Techie for the net...
aa
Jun 19, 2015
A new map compile always requires a new version number, even if you just stick an 'a' or a 'b' on the end of it. (e.g. a2a) This is because if anyone downloaded your map before you updated it, if they try to join a server running the updated version, they will get a map mismatch and the game will kick them off the server, rather than redownloading the map.

Star Bright

L2: Junior Member
Jan 4, 2016
Would you mind reuploading the screenshots? They seem to have broken.

Kataiser

Aug 3, 2015
Redesigned CP2 (slightly)
Scaled up CP2 area + opened to the sky
Reduced sign density
Modified red spawn
Moved skycards back a bit + trees
Prevented spam over blue spawn obstacles
Added blue forward spawn
Made creek out of displacements
Removed boat on the creek
Closed up hiding area near the turbines
Added a cargo box near the portable stairs
Fixed a sightline with a barrel
Modified health and ammo kits
More areaportals
Improved lighting
Improved clipping
Added boxes to get on top of red's catwalks
Detailed and lowered red's catwalks
Another (non-gameplay) catwalk + access
Opened up a tunnel a bit
Modified spawn wave times
Red first point: 7 -> 8
Blue first point: 3 -> 4
Modified capture times
First point: 6 -> 20
Second point: 5 -> 10
Added fancy light glows
Moved lower stairs near turbine back
Removed connector sliding doors
Added dropdown between the connectors

To do: redesign first blue spawn (I have some ideas), HDR

Read the rest of this update entry...

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Not a lot of people seems to use that skybox. Also, the geometry is really interesting. Looking forward to play on Gameday sometime

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Hey mecharon, quick thought video here of _a4, it's basically regurgitating what people were saying during the test but maybe in the context of more free-form thought it could be interesting to watch:

View: https://youtu.be/57Lfeh3XD8M

Edit:
So give somewhere safer for RED to defend A from, and then give more distance between B and the top approach BLU gets to hit it. At the moment that last turn is so near to the RED defense balcony that they can easily corner the sentryguns there to get rid of them near instantly.

Last edited:

Kataiser

Aug 3, 2015
After a bit of a mapping hiatus, I've started up work again. Here's a WIP preview:

OefdfXz.jpg