cathedral

How does lighting affect your TF2 gameplay?

• Overly-Dramatic lighting (extra dark shadaws, harsh lights!) turns me on- yeah baby YEAH!

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Dramatic lighting is fine, but only in selective areas

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Simple, even lighting is less distracting = better gameplay

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Oranges like vacations in the Nederlands best, when not too shiny

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

(s2a) yahodahan

L3: Member
Apr 22, 2009
Purely a conceptual map at this point, "Cathedral" started as just a rough prototyping for a Killing Floor level design, actually. (I use Hammer to "sketch" map designs, works well!).

I like the stylized blocky look on its own though, and am hoping to make a TF2 map of it as well- though perhaps better suited to L4D. Lighting and such will have a ways to go for TF2, but I'm optimistic!

At the moment I am just bouncing ideas around, tossing stuff together as it comes to me, and liking the result so far.

Just posting for the fun of it, see if yall like the look (just imagine more complete lighting!)::p:

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
Hawt. Like you said, it would need to do a good bit of work to make sure there's enough ambient and play-level illuminating light to make this work for TF2, but man those arches look sweet.

(s2a) yahodahan

L3: Member
Apr 22, 2009
thanks for the comments :D

yes, opto-hell eh? Will have to be kept fairly simple so all that outdoors stuff can be one single visgroup and not kill FPS.

meh, not something i intend to worry about at this point, just making it look good as a concept piece :) thanks!