CP Catalyst

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by TheKieranator, Oct 3, 2011.

1. TheKieranator

TheKieranator L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    STORY (WIP): In the middle of nowhere lies a hidden science place under the ground. RED and BLU are fighting over it. Mayhem ensues. We have fun.

Catalyst is a 5CP map. We'll find out if it's any good soon enough. :p

Thanks list:
    Seba for his health and ammo patches

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like the height variation. I'm interested to see how this plays.

Care to upload a few more screenshots?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I really like the overlays below the medkit pack and ammo pack. Nice idea.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. purequaternion

purequaternion L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Me too. You could even do colored versions to keep with base themes, though neutral would clearly make sense too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. TheKieranator

TheKieranator L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    More screenshots added :O

6. Urban

aa Urban

Positive Ratings:
    Seba made those patches a while ago:
    http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3730

I played about 5 rounds on this map and overall it felt pretty good.
    Mid was alright but I don't really like those huge windows overlooking the point, it felt too easy as a sniper to dominate most of the opposite teams exits into the mid area and you can also cover most of the point.
    Second was easily the best point in the map, it has adequate room to maneuver, plenty of cover and height variation for both attackers and defenders.
    The last point is just plain bad. It doesn't have any interesting gameplay since it's just a flat, small room and there are no viable sentry spots to set up in. It doesnt feel like a final CP at all because it looks like you ran out of ideas and just plonked a point in the middle of some random room. I think the whole point needs a complete overhaul.

Just my 2 cents here, i'm probably the least qualfied person to be giving feedback on maps since i'm bad at tf2 and mapping :p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    i didnt enjoy middle point being very vulnerable from the sides, also the last cp is way too close to spawn and there is only one path to it for non-advanced movement classes.

i did, however, enjoy the original feature of being able to go into enemy spawn :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I agree that mid is far too vulnerable to the sides and that last is far too close to enemy spawn.

However the dynamic between CP2 and the enemies' CP4 was for some reason highly enjoyable.

Despite the smaller overall size you should still consider a forward spawn for when a team captures mid + CP4.

• Thanks Thanks x 1