Castle Fragsmore

Wall of Sleep

L1: Registered
Mar 6, 2010
I added a couple of pictures of the reworked textures...

I used the same mortar for both and tinted the brick to the team color.

Do the new texures work for you guys?

Last edited:

Keonyn

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2010
I think it looks interesting, and very unique. It's not a drab concrete structure, which is a nice change. The overpowering nature of them gives it a fantasy appearance, which works with the setting in my opinion.

Desaturation might help a little though, and give them less of a neon appearance.

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
Increase the texture scale perhaps, and make them less intense.

Or alternatively use something that WON'T EXPLODE MY RETINAS

Mar 23, 2010
yes please change/edit this brick texture. its nothing diff. with your comp, its just a bad looking texture.

doesnt look over scaled like castle4. good sign.

Dr Forrester

L2: Junior Member
Aug 15, 2008
I think the major problem of the brick textures is that they are too bright and colorful. I'd make them with a "natural" colored mortar, then slightly tint the brick color towards the appropriate team color. If you feel that this is not enough color, hanging some kind of team colored banners from the windows, etc. could add a nice splash of the deeper color you would like. The roof tiles look excellent.

Just my 2¢...

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I Love it and hate it at the same time!

TF2 Style, it doesn't work so much. But the whole fantasizeicle(i'm making up words now) side of it makes it looks awesome. :/

I'd desaturate them by about 35%-50% and increase the texture size from .25 to .45-.50 and it should look much better. =)

DjD

L5: Dapper Member
May 18, 2010
I like the concept of 2 opposing "forts" ( ;) ) as a ctf map alot, and this medieval style seems to work out quite well for it.

And btw, replace those electronical lamps with torches.