CP Castellum

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Eddiegz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Eddiegz

Eddiegz L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Map i started making a month after degrootkeep was realesed. I had to stop workign on it do to complications but now that its summer ive decide to finish it by this month or so. Its basically a control point medieval map with 5 control points. When completed it will consist of an undergournd base to the left of blue castle, to the right a medieval town and facing each other opposite team castles.
    :)

8/26/12
    Hi again i started working on map, trying to finish this year, i made a lot of updates to it, if you wanna check it I have a server running every once in awhile named Ed Server, it usually is on the mvm, but if you ask i can switch maps to show you. If you want it up you can message me on steam.

here is the server
    http://tf2stats.net/server/108.84.219.38:27015

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    It looks quite small and empty, and the hill in the middle looks very steep. Some nice medieval detailing visible though the clocktower doesnt really fit.

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    That whole point really don't fit or make sense. completely open.

4. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. clayton

clayton L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    looking at the screenshots, i'd suggest adding other similarly themed buildings on or around the points not already inside castles. perhaps have one on top of a tall, slender tower. another in a 'peasant'-style house.

either that or envelope the whole thing inside ramparts (castle walls), and have guard towers (containing cps) along the perimeter. (a moat too, maybe.) then use your two existing castles (with some slight modification) as keeps within those walls, making them extra defensible.

good luck.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Fredrik

Fredrik L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Some things that I think look bad.
    1. Those towers with curved cobble pillars as support.
    2. Some really stretched displacements.
    3. And those spams with the same cliff model.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. clayton

clayton L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    the town will look good when you finish, i like the look of it already. you've got your shingles on sideways tho! haha. you could have some stocks in the town square, or a gallows, or pyre even (ready for some witch burning).

i agree you should change those towers though. good to do something different, but it doesn't look right.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  8. Eddiegz

Eddiegz L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    i will change the towers and try to help the displacements look better with foliage but some have cause so many problems i don't know if i should even click on a few....as for the cliffs I'm using all of the models so it dose not look that spammy but I'm not going to use the cliff texture due it looking worse. Thanks for the comment i it really helps will be uploading update today or tommorow