Cargo

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
The aim is for blue to capture red's single point before the time runs out to win.

This is my first map so please give me constructive criticism on how to improve this and future maps.

I also haven't been able to test it with more than 2 people so I don't know how well the balance is. Please also comment on that.

Thanks

Last edited:

DaFatCat

L3: Member
Apr 19, 2009
While the layout might be fine, it just looks like all the shipping containers take the place of buildings. It looks too cluttered because of this. And please don't build buildings on the containers. :p It just looks silly.

Last edited:

Kronixx

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2009
i dont see a problem with it...but i would suggest possibly mixing skinned containers so everything isnt a wall of red. UNLESS those containers are red base. I do agree though, building don't really belong ONTOP of crates. If they're built in between or surrounded by crates that's cool...but ontop does look a little strange having a wooden structure sitting on shipping containers.

Kronixx

Apr 17, 2009
Why is everyone saying that the buildings are on the crates, they aren't, there is just one behind it.

the first screenshot, that wood is not ontop of the crates? That's what we're referring to, not the skybox buildings

Bot190

L1: Registered
Sep 25, 2008
It looks fine, everyone else is just jealous, no really though i think what they mean is most people don't use shipping containers as a major playing area. I think you should go ahead with it, it looks like it would be interesting to play.

Kronixx

Apr 17, 2009
hey i'm totally cool with giving it a shot, i will almost never shoot down an idea before seeing it in play. If that's how you want it then by all means it's your map, you make the call.

Just looking at it in a real life perspective, shipping containers arent a very stable foundation for a building, might be a bit wobbly :D

gastrop0d

L3: Member
Apr 22, 2009
Well in my mind shipping containers are just giant "crates" and their position [in the real world] is only ever temporary, whereas buildings are more of a "permanent" thing. So it doesn't make much sense to have things built on shipping containers, from a practical perspective.

Theme-wise you might want to have one or more cranes somewhere, since they go hand in hand with "cargo".

Kronixx

Apr 17, 2009
Just making sure what building you are talking about:
No. 1 or No. 2?
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3425/whatbuilding.jpg
cause no. 2 is sitting behind the shipping containers, not on top of it.

OH CRAP

i seriously thought those were 1 thing....like i thought it was that small tower with the waist high wall around it....wow i fail, i'm sorry for any confusion. The pictures sort of lined up so they looked like they were 1 thing, i guess i'm blind D: