Model Cargo Supply Crate

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
This may be a bit difficult to explain but what I'm looking for are the sorta crates you see on expeditions. Basically a group of items put together under a cargo net in some kind of orderly fashion. I've not had a bunch of luck googleing this for reference images but here is the best I could come up with.

woe.bmp3c02750d-f192-4ad2-872f-ae712c1238ccOriginal.jpg

uncharted-3-drake-on-a-plane.jpg

For the uncharted 3 screenie, I'm focusing on the barrels and crates Drake is holding onto, not the rest of the image.

I hope this helps get my idea across. A few variants on this idea would be great but anything helps.

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
What is it for?

I'm working on a Mayan themed map at the moment called cp_palenque. I've had a few versions go through TF2 maps already. This particular kind of prop would be used for play space areas. Blocking sightlines and other such things while fitting the Mayan expedition/dig site theme more than just your basic barrel crate.

When it comes to current TF2, there are only 2 larger crates, the barrel crate and the one for the egypt theme. Your basic barrel crate looks a bit off in a Mayan ruins setting and the egypt crate has only one style that works in moderation.

Any kind of cargo supply crate would give more options of crates to use (including size and visuals) while also fitting the theme more than what is available.

The only alternative at the moment is to pile a bunch of smaller props together which can be both odd and messy.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
btw Construction theme pack contains a texture you could wrap your crates with.
tension netting.png