Capture point contest voting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
ABBAttoir:
Looks very good from a distance, but when I walk through all buildings I really miss some detailing. Just a few beams, maybe rotate some props and detail brushes a little for a bit more random and natural look.

The triangle roofs are a bit over styled imo, and they have seams (the textures, and the brushes).

The gaspumps look pretty good for brush models, but need some smoothing groups so they look a bit more like models,
Also some shadow bugs on models (try using -staticproplighting lighting when doing a final compile)

Overall it looks good, but just a little more time on detailing and tweaking light. And if this will become a real map you may want to convert some brushes into props.

andysss456:

My first impression was: Why can't I remember andysss456, because this (detailing) looks awesome.
Second impression (as scout): Damn these roofs are low :( (even a bit to low for detailing (I will judge all entries on detailing since this is a detailing contest)

After walking/noclipping: Looks really good, It's really small, I want more :) Not to small for a mid cap though :). Some props do look like they aren't lit correctly, so I think you forgot -staticproplightning while compiling. And I think you haven't build your cubemaps.
I've seen only a few things I would have detailed a bit different like adding some vertical beams to buildings (and the glass in blu's office)
Oh and tweak the shadow maps a little on the round brushes.

1 final note: You must use this cp in a real map!

TO BE EDITED FOR NEXT ENTRY :)

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Oops, forgot to lock the thread, zee copy your post over to the thread linked in the top post :p

Status
Not open for further replies.