capricorn

Aug 10, 2009
Ah yeah ok my bad :( I must have played an earlier version. I'm just trying to suggest ways to thin out the open areas in the back, as they quicky get camped in my experience(some players tend to stick around the point building, while others search around the outside).

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
It's no problem, my fault I was too lazy to upload pics. Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Infested.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Bump for a7.

Enlarged barrier thing outside main spawn exit, enlarged cap building to accommodate stairs better, removed silly window, extended spawn building towards cliff.

I honestly have no idea what else to change, and I haven't gotten any constructive feedback about a6 on, either positive or negative. The most I got was 'add vuvuzelas'. amidoneyet

Last edited:

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
A8 todo:

- divide up long tunnel
- disconnect the main building a tad (you'll have to go on the ramp to get into the other team's side)
- somehow encourage players to not stick around buildings and spend more time outside

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
A8 released

a8 - removed large ammo from middle, changed cliffside entrance to cap building, added setup gates which lock the entire middle building down until the point unlocks

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
That's good to know, since the only other feedback I ever get is Nerd's "mapsux, start over" :p Submitted to tomorrow's gameday, enjoy!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I enjoyed this as scout. Only thing to really add is that maybe the structure in the middle could be a little bigger and accessible as there's not really much going on around the CP which should be a focal point of the map.

Aesthetically you should be aware, besides when in spectator as i joined the game, i never once saw the rocket. Since you have a unique aesthetic there you might wanna draw more attention to it.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Glad you liked it, Grazr.

I'm having trouble balancing that middle building. When the two big doors were always open, the building would just get camped by Engineers. Now, it seems as if nobody ever caps and it's just a deathmatch; I may shorten the setup time.

As for the rocket, I'll do something about it; thanks for pointing that out.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
K9_test released

k9_test: changed cliff entrance to cap building, switched teams, blocked two windows on the upper floor, removed fence on cliff, some other stuff

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
qWmyb.jpg

I'm gonna go punch myself multiple times over this necrobump hold on

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
b1 released

b1 - detailed, took care of a6a's rodent problem with mousetraps - find them all and get a prize (maybe)

arena_capricorn_b10022.jpg

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Model, but the CM is a bunch of brushes because fuck me I'm lazy. Also, I'll finish the rocket and put it in b1something or b2, depends on my desire to do work on it.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
People don't like arena... can't figure out why... I think most of the arena maps are just too dull.

Seba, when we played Capricorn today I got about 5-6 kills just as a pyro airblasting people off the deathpit while they walked through the doorway of the building thats right next to the deathpit. Maybe make the deathpits smaller? or less pyro friendly*

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Boylee: Leminnes said that he'll be doing a weekly_draft or whatever with arena maps soon, you should get a chance to play then. I shall also make sure that you get to texture the rawket :D

Frozen: the building at mid? I honestly don't think that that's a giant issue, but if it proves to be a problem, I'll do something about it.

Sep 12, 2008
No offense, but i found this map really really boring.. Both gameplay and detailing. The nicest detailing i could find was a little room with "supply" or something on the door. and that room was only 1 square meter in size. I think the whole map needs a new art-pass, because right now it's all very very dull and the same looking..