Model Cap Point Billboard v1

Whose point is this?

1. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Cap Point Billboard - Whose point is this?

As requested by HolySnickerPuffs in my model request thread.

Not sure how good this is, but at least I tried!

8 skins for RED and BLU points A-E.

Included in the .7z:
    - The model
    - A tasty readme.txt

*** DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE WITHOUT PERMISSION ***

• Like Like x 12
  2. LadyRaee

LadyRaee CHEERFULLY SUICIDAL

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like a table.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Could add a modular addition that's essentially stakes that you'd put into ground.
    Billboards also (sometimes!) have some sort of walkway like thing in front of them for workers to stand on, and for lights to be mounted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jethro

Jethro MUSty Complainer

Positive Ratings:
    Technically, isn't using the model in a map and packing it redistribution? Might want to clarify that a bit.

5. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    I would like to hope that people can assume what I mean.

6. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    One defining trait of TF2 models are the little details that make them quirky. Patchwork fixes, small bits of wires, little dings and dents, etc.

This model is nicely done, but it lacks any of those little details. Most people don't notice them specifically, but they do notice when they're missing because it lacks that little something. If this were just a background model, you can afford to skimp on that, but since this is a cap point model, where lots of people will be right there and standing around after wiping the other team and capping the point, that little extra level of detail can be well worth doing.

You could (for example) make one or two of the corners dented, add some low poly rivets (just a hexagon basically), add some small dents along the edges, etc.

Also texture wise, the top metal for example looks great, but underneath, the light grey streak looks too stark (maybe you said screw it because you knew it was on the side of the model most people would never see). And the cap sign itself is pristine, which is a touch odd since the metal also has rust streaks. A couple of small nicks and scrapes can go a long way.

It's great progress. I look forward to you becoming one of the main model contributors for the site now. ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    This is definitely true. There aren't even any signs of wear on the actual letter decals, like the overlays they're based on do. That feels odd.

8. Viperi

aa Viperi not actually a snek

Positive Ratings:
    I like it. Shouldn't the download be in zip instead of compressed with .7z? Many (including myself) don't have access to 7zip and rar unpacking programs.

9. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    7-Zip is literally a free piece of software, and it handles .zip + .rar too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. I dinne ken

aa I dinne ken

Positive Ratings:
    • Funny Funny x 1