Canyonlands

Burnzoire

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2009
A standard symmetrical CTF map that focuses on an open middle ground with two bridges spanning a canyon. Each team has a base within the canyon walls with two main paths to a rocket silo where the intel (launch codes) are kept. There are three entrances to the intel room, plus a glass-filled stairwell that offers attackers a preview of any defenses. The spawn rooms are off to one side and have two exits that lead to the two main routes - one is a forward attacking route, and the other is a more defensive pathway. The map should give sufficient options to the attackers but I also want to make sure a player cannot make it to intel without a bit of excitement! For this reason I have neglected an alternate "sewer" route - let's see how that holds up in practice.

ps:
My first ever public map release, be kind but critical :blush:

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Looks like a map I made once... except yours is better. :p

Really, I do think this looks nice, but there's a problem - competitive players really dislike death pits and all that, so having one in the middle of your map might hurt your score in the contest. :/

Whether you keep the pit or not, I'd suggest putting at least some short fences around so it's not as easy to fall off.

Burnzoire

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2009
I kept the bridge detail out for now as I still haven't decided if they should be framed, enclosed, or as you say, with just short railings.

If I want to fulfill the competitive scene I could always bring the canyon floor up make it a playable area. I've been changing my mind on this every day :p

Last edited: