cant seem to find this entity in space

SleeperJ

L1: Registered
Aug 29, 2012
hello, so on my level in the compile log it says there is an entity outside the level Ive tried to select all in hopes to find it right away but it seems the coordinates are so off it cant find it on the grid and gives me some sort of error when i enter the coordinates its supposedly at

Static prop models/props_lights/walllight001a.mdl outside the map (-9404.61, 4391.00, -239.00)

I'm assuming I wont be able to progress any further in my level until I find this thing. I've already made a 3d skybox for this level so I'm very hesitant to pick everything else and move it to a completely new file unless I truly have to. I have also gone through each prop static in the entity report and none seem to be out of the level. On a side note, for some reason when I decided to check for problems using alt+P it began to give me a huge list of broken triggers and doors and other items and after deciding to compile it to try and see what happens in game. before I load up the game I notice the compile log says WAY more items supposedly outside the level. I rename the level and now that seemed to fix almost everything. there are no more broken triggers or anything except for that one light that still floating in supposed space somewhere....its driving me nuts if someone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Map > Load Pointfile. Entities will be "outside the level" if there is any leak in your map, aka a way from inside to the void, and the pointfile will draw a red line to show you if/how that happens.

SleeperJ

Aug 29, 2012
I tried that. Unfortunately it doesn't ask me to load the pointfile. it just opens up the other window when you dont have leaks. and the coordinates i posted earlier dont seem to take me anywhere since it tells me to input the coordinates according to the XYZ format as if i didnt input them correctly but i copy pasted it directly from the compile log

Static prop models/props_lights/walllight001a.mdl outside the map (-9404.61, 4391.00, -239.00)

Baraleth

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 8, 2008
you have to remove the commas in order for hammer to take you to the location of the object. This is what you should be putting in:

-9404.61 4391.00 -239.00

If that doesn't work, try removing the .00 after each number

SleeperJ

Aug 29, 2012
Ah, Little Dude you the man! thanks yea those pesky comas were the culprit after all. Thank you kindly you've done it again!