Can't Run Source Sdk

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

yohoat9

L1: Registered
Jan 27, 2010
So the other day I was making a map on hammer, and the next day it just stopped working... When I open it it says "No game configurations to run with" and when I click OK it doesn't let me click any other buttons, so no suggestions for pressing Reset Game Configurations or something is going to help, because I can't click them, any help?

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
A couple of things could have happened.

If you try to start the SDK before you have launched the game after installing/re-installing it, that will happen. So if you just recently reinstalled but haven't actually gone in game at least once there won't be a tf2 folder and therefore won't be any SDK configs for it.

Stupid check, but make sure a tf2 folder exists. Maybe someone did a system restore on your computer to a point before it was installed.

While typing this I forgot the other one I had in mind. Maybe I'll remember it.:facepalm:

Last edited:

yohoat9

Jan 27, 2010
but I was doing the map a day before, I checked and Have a tf2 folder, and I just want sdk back so much, and really try to remember that last one

yohoat9

Jan 27, 2010
yes, as I said before I was making a map previously... and the next day it didn't work... i have no idea why it happened

Aki

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 2, 2009
Try rebooting your computer. Never know - and when I worked online tech support we found 9 out of 10 times a reboot would fix the issue. Don't know if you've tried that but worth mentioning.

yohoat9

Jan 27, 2010
This happened a few days ago, and just now I decided to post a thread, I have no idea why its happening and I can only thing of deleting STEAM and re-installing everything...

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
Only thing left I can think of in Verifying Integrity for TF2 and the SDK by right clicking on each, going into the options, and clicking on the Verify button. It might not help, but it never hurts.