Can't get the payload cart to continue past point 2

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
After building a path from one end of the track to the other and importing the assets from Boojum's gametype prefabs, I have found myself in an odd situation: The track shown on the HUD only has three points, the last of which is rather far away, and after reaching and successfully capturing the second checkpoint, the cart just stops.

I've double- and triple-checked all the control point entities and the func_tracktrain, checked all the inputs and outputs, and everything looks right. I even went back and looked at every single path_track to be absolutely certain there's not a mistyped Next Stop Target anywhere. The only thing I can think of that differs from the prefab is that I left out the cliff and endgame stuff related to it. The last point is still listed as both the last capture point and the "end of the line" in the func_tracktrain properties, so it should still work. I'm stumped.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
So, you have two problems? The cart stops at CP2 and there is a point missing from the hud, presumably 3 since you imply there is quite a distance between 2 and the last one? It sounds like CP3 is nonexistent, which would fit both problems. That can happen if it has the same index as another CP.

What does the hud say when you try pushing the cart after you reach CP2, what it says will usually be a hint towards the issue.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Yep, it was a duplicate index (4 was listed as 3). I think what happened was I grabbed the first three control point entities (which labels from 1 to 4) from Badwater and the last point from your thing (which uses 0 to 3).

Map works now! Time to start layout! :D

...Wait... it's time to start layout... :(