cant get fourth cp on payload to work

fbi.bmw.ultra.car

L2: Junior Member
Dec 27, 2018
look guys Hammer is fcking trolling me, I deleted my whole map to replace it again, i even copied it from bojuum snark pack and still nothing. The game just thinks theres only 3 cp and when the third is captured blue wins. Can anyone help me??

Last edited:

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
I have a slight hunch he's talking about payload...

Payload logic can be finicky, there's quite a few minor things that are easily forgotten but also break the gamemode logic. How many capture points appear on your HUD? Is TF2 spitting out any console errors when the map loads or when the cart reaches the third CP? Have you re-named or cloned any entities and perhaps forgot to update the entity's name in a keyvalue or output somewhere? Do all the CPs have unique indexes?

fbi.bmw.ultra.car

Dec 27, 2018
I have a slight hunch he's talking about payload...

Payload logic can be finicky, there's quite a few minor things that are easily forgotten but also break the gamemode logic. How many capture points appear on your HUD? Is TF2 spitting out any console errors when the map loads or when the cart reaches the third CP? Have you re-named or cloned any entities and perhaps forgot to update the entity's name in a keyvalue or output somewhere? Do all the CPs have unique indexes?
Its Attack/defense, 3cp are there even tho the last is fourth. When I cap thirr Blue wins. No errors at the start and idk after capping

AsG_Alligator

qhull precision error
aa
Aug 5, 2016
so you copied the last point to make it 4cp. Did you change the index of the copied point? It needs to be unique. Also you need to put the extra point in one of the settings in tcp controller for it to know how to display your CPs on the hud.

fbi.bmw.ultra.car

Dec 27, 2018
so you copied the last point to make it 4cp. Did you change the index of the copied point? It needs to be unique. Also you need to put the extra point in one of the settings in tcp controller for it to know how to display your CPs on the hud.
I have changed everything, but where should I put it in the tcp?

AsG_Alligator

qhull precision error
aa
Aug 5, 2016
Cap layout, it defines how to display points on HUD. Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE each control point you have as unique index number (in your case it should be 0 1 2 3). And that your control point and capture zone entities are named correctly and refer to the correct entities?

fbi.bmw.ultra.car

Dec 27, 2018
Cap layout, it defines how to display points on HUD. Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE each control point you have as unique index number (in your case it should be 0 1 2 3). And that your control point and capture zone entities are named correctly and refer to the correct entities?
I guess so, but my friend remade it again and now it works. Who knows what it was