Can't find 2 specific textures in the Texture Browser

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Pilk, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Pilk

Pilk L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Greetings.

I have been looking up and down through the texture browser trying to find a textures that i've seen in in plr_pipeline. They ones on either side of the one-way windows coming out of the spawn on stage 1 that look like mesh reinforced glass..

So my question is, is there a way of finding out the texture using a console command if I run the map? Alternatively, do you know the names of the textures (if you know which ones i'm talking about)? Thanks for your help!

(Also, any tips on how to filter out the irrelevant HL2 textures? I'm sure they aren't supposed to be there..!)

2. Cameron:D

Cameron:D L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Filter by glass, IIRC the angled reinforcement doesn't look angled in the preview, rather vertical

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Pilk

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm... it's not showing up there. Maybe I need to refresh SDK content? Edit: Unsuccessful

[​IMG]
    There is also a green variant of that glass. It does look quite peculiar when resized to 128x128 xD

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  4. Smetzle

Smetzle L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

It's that one. To have only TF2 textures, type 'tf' into the keywords box in the texture browser. For some reason, the Egypt textures are not classed as TF2 ones so you'll just have to type 'egypt' into the filter box to see them.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Pilk

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you very much Smetzle! And I'll keep a note of that egypt quirk.

Did VALVe just add a plain texture on the other side of the glass to make it opaque?

Edit: Figured it out myself - lights/gradient_window

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  6. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    and for the record. Those glass textures use VMT parameters to shrink and rotate themselves. That way the wires stay nice and crisp without aliasing since in the texture data they are actually straight and not 45 degrees.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Pilk

Positive Ratings:
    Oh cool, I noticed resizing the brush it was on didn't mess around with the scale. Also causes adjacent textures to flicker and rotate like they were at 45 degrees, seems like just a bug in Hammer.