Cant even compile a spawn room? o_O

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
I checked in alot of the spawn problems topics and everyone's problems seem to come in after compilation. I just started using Hammer, and I must be doing something majorly wrong, cuz I tried to compile the map and test a basic spawn room when it gave me the message:

CSoundEmitterSystem: Warning, unknown channel type in sounds.txt (CHAN_Explode)
CSoundEmitterSystem: Registered 2720 sounds
CResponseSystem: scripts\talker\response_rules.txt (592 rules, 240 criteria, and 592 responses)
material "effects/pyroflame1/flamethrowerfire" not found.
material "particle/particle_debris_burst/particle_debris_burst_001" not found.
material "particle/smoke1/smoke1_fade" not found.
material "particle/vistasmokev1_min_depth_nearcull" not found.
material "particle/impact/fleks" not found.
maxplayers set to 24
Heap: 191.75 Mb
Steam config directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\ninjilla\team fortress 2\platform\config
Parsed 26 text messages
Convar r_rootlod has conflicting FCVAR_CHEAT flags (child: FCVAR_CHEAT, parent: no FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
Convar r_eyeglintlodpixels has conflicting FCVAR_CHEAT flags (child: FCVAR_CHEAT, parent: no FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
Convar r_skin has conflicting FCVAR_CHEAT flags (child: no FCVAR_CHEAT, parent: FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
Convar mat_softwareskin has conflicting FCVAR_CHEAT flags (child: no FCVAR_CHEAT, parent: FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
CBaseViewport::AddNewPanel(PANEL_SPECMENU): NULL panel.
execing config.cfg
cc_lang =
Unknown command "sv_backspeed"
Sound Initialization: Start
DS:quad speaker configuration detected
Set primary sound buffer format: yes
DirectSound initialized
Sound Initialization: Finish, Sampling Rate: 44100
1 CPU, Frequency: 2.5 Ghz, Features: GenuineIntel SSE SSE2 MMX RDTSC CMOV FCMOV
execing valve.rc
CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/Spawn.bsp'
map load failed: Spawn not found or invalid

Now, I think I did it right. I put it 2 spawns, one for Red and one for Blue using the entity info_player_teamspawn, then putting a Brush Entity called func_respawnroom, setting one side to red and the other to blue. I assume this should work right? I just wanted to make a basic spawn and I cant even do that D:

Thanks for yalls time.

Ninjilla

Sep 13, 2008
The compilation seems to go fine, but once the game loads and starts up the map, that message pops up and I dont know what to do from there. It wont load in the create a serve drop down box either.

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
"CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/Spawn.bsp'"

This looks like the .bsp was not properly saved, which would also explain why it doesn't appear in the list of maps. You can check this hypothesis by going to your tf/maps folder.

Did you properly set your SourceSDK to Orange Box : TF2 ?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Have you got a space in the file name?? that would screw it over since all map names can't have spaces in them.

Ninjilla

Sep 13, 2008
One was just named spawn.vmf, but it didnt go into my maps section of TF for some reason. Ill try compiling a room with just one word and see if that helps, but it saves the .bsp during compilation correct? or should I do it manually also.

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
If it fails the bsp stage of the compile, there won't be a bsp. Look at the compile log window and see if anything stands out (Like a big ERROR message).

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
You didn't answer this:
Did you properly set your SourceSDK to Orange Box : TF2 ?
Because if you didn't, it's going to be saved in some other place (HL2 directory for instance).

Ninjilla

Sep 13, 2008
I got it to work, I made a new map and also called it just spawn, and everything worked perfectly. Thanks for yalls help! Off to make a map! :):)

EDIT: yeah I had it saved to Orangebox/TF2, It was just a simple stupid mistake by me I suppose XD