Cannot save new vmfs in hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Is Schwa

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2008
This is an odd problem. I can load VMFs and save them, but cannot do "save as" for new iterations or new files. The error is:

File, line 1: Permission denied

I am using windows 7, is this an odd new protection in windows, or a hammer error? I'm logged in as administrator and have full rights (to my knowledge).

Any ideas? Anyone else get this?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Maybe the folder you are trying to save in is read-only?

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
Good grief, every directory on my hard drive is read only...

I wonder if I have a virus

What Is Schwa

Jan 13, 2008
I did a scan and I'm clean. This is a relatively recent install and I am a good netizen.

Noggin

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2007
Im getting this problem but its because my account name is an email address. The @ symbol is breaking the ability to save into the path.

Only been unable to save since the update and havent found a solution yet...

Codename22

L1: Registered
Sep 16, 2008
I have the same since the update...
Whenever I save as... it will save as <accountname>.vmf in my steamapps folder, whenever I save again as save as... it works fine :S
My accountname is also an emailaddres

EDIT: it seems to always save as <accountname>.vmf in the steamapps folder unless you add the .vmf manually while saving.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Oh, is that the issue... hmm. The other day I was trying to check something and my map wouldn't properly compile, or, it would compile but nothing new was showing up. I gave up and tried another map, which did work properly, so I dunno...

EternalPrince

L1: Registered
Sep 26, 2014
It wont work if you try to save the file within too many folders.
bad example: ("C:\Users\<user>\Desktop\Mapping\TF2\Capture Points\<mapname>")
good example: ("C:\Mapping\<mapname>")

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
It's been four years, dude .-.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
We really need to start popping up alerts when people try replying to old threads. I'm convinced that this happens because someone googles something, runs across the thread by accident, and momentarily forgets that the Internet is a world outside of time and space but the people who use it are not.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Other forums I've seen have had text boxes at the top of the page saying something like "Warning: the last post made on this thread was x weeks/months/years/centuries ago". I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to implement. (Then again, what do I know about running a website?)

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I think taking the time to look at the time and date of the last post is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.