Cannot build cubemaps!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Zacmonkey, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Zacmonkey

Zacmonkey L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    When compiling my map the cubemaps arent build so I try to build them in game. I get this error message:
    *** Error: Skybox vtf files for sky_night_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
    Can't load skybox file sky_night_01 to build the default cubemap!

I then set mat_specular to 0 and try again and I get the same message. I still get it even if I change the skybox I am using. If anyone either knows how to fix this or knows what I might be doing wrong It would be very much appreciated.

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Can't load skybox file sky_night_01 to build the default cubemap! <- This you can ignore.

What compiler do you use for compiling your map? Hammer or an external program?

3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  4. Zacmonkey

Positive Ratings:

I did this and instead of invisible from above water which i had before (and forgot to mention sorry) and messed up reflections which brought the issue to my attention. I now have the purple and black checkers as my reflection.

5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    If your water was invisible, that's more likely because of a leak or because you aren't running VVIS.

If you fix that and still get purple/black checkers, you're not following the instructions correctly and therefore building the checkers into the reflections by mistake.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Zacmonkey

Positive Ratings:
    I did it again but with the hdr commands as well and It worked, thanks!