canal

Dec 25, 2007
Well, since I'm spending a lot of time on other projects, with very little time for mapping, doing a small-in-scope map like KotH seems ideal. Here's an alpha version.

Red and Blue fight for control of a container ship that is passing through the canal.
With numerous routes over, on, and under the ship, there's plenty of opportunity to surprise the enemy team and take the control point.

UPDATE: alpha 2.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2007
Guys, patience! I was still taking screenshots! :)

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
The RED side's ground texture is a little bit repetitive; I'd enlarge it a bit. Also, how about some pics of the bases?

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Even for an alpha, this is pretty bare.

Dec 25, 2007
Thanks to everyone who played this map in the gameday yesterday. I've reviewed the demos, and it seems the biggest problem is that the map doesn't lead people into the control point; most of the action seems to take place across the bridges, and there's a bit too much interest in spawn camping, with the bridge making the upper spawns a little too accessible.

Time for some layout adjustments, methinks.

Dec 25, 2007
Edit: Don't know how I double-posted that.

Last edited:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
double post with 27 minutes delay? impressive.

Anyway. It felt a little unfocused, and I believe it would work a lot better if you forced people in the general direction of the point more (as you pointed out).