Can we talk about the quality of our server maintenance?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Over the last few weeks I've noticed a staggering amount of downtime after TF2 updates before Sourcemod and feedback stuff is set back up. In this particular instance, it's now been 24 hours since the update and we're still relying on someone with rcon privs to change maps for us.

This is kinda annoying, Who do I have to pester to update sourcemod after an update??

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
staff_server.png

Although I don't think they can do anything about EU servers since those run on Geit's private server.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Next up:
Can we set sv_pure to 0 or some value that will let my overridden pan sounds to work so that I'm not deafened every time I play by the nobber who thinks he's hilarious by smashing a pan into my ears at 150dB.

Edit: nevermind, turns out it was steampipe that broke it

Last edited:

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
It's just a TF2 thing atm, over the last few weeks Valve have released 2 updates that have seriously changed things for Sourcemod, the first was TF2 changing what version of Steamids it uses without warning servers and plugin makers, which they did by acident. Idl what fucked things up this update but jusy be aware that the large majority of servers went down for a unusual amount of time and plenty are dealing with half broken sourcemod plugins atm.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
In general I won't make modifications to the US server because it's a PITA to do unless I'm at my desktop (which I'm not atm). EU servers were fixed 14 hours after the update, which was around 10 hours after Sourcemod was patched to work correctly (I wasn't awake), imo 14 hours is a completely reasonable downtime after a game-breaking update.

However, if there's ever any problems with the EU servers or the services provided by them, feel free to drop me a line and I'll fix it asap.

Last edited: