Can we not use custom item pickups anymore?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Pocket, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I could swear we used to be able to enter the exact path and model file; now it's just a dropdown that lets me choose the default or the Halloween one. And if I do try to enter the path and model file manually, it doesn't work when I run the map.

VAAAAAAAAAAAALVE!!!

2. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Did you try turning smart edit off?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Doesn't really change anything. Though interestingly enough, I created another pickup to see what the default value looked like without SmartEdit, and the field is completely gone.

4. Blinx

Blinx L69: Deviant Member

Positive Ratings:
    Empty values in non-SmartEdit mode don't show up, give it a value and it'll appear.

5. Frosty Scales

aa Frosty Scales

Positive Ratings:
    it's definitely possible if other maps use it and it's still working. just manually set the keyvalues or add them back to your FGD file.

6. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Is it still working?

Are there any other maps that use it?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any I'd pull up to use as an example of how it's supposed to work.

7. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    pl_beerbowl uses custom models for health packs I know

8. Lain

aa Lain will finish a map one day

Positive Ratings:
    The Key is powerup_model and the Value is the model path. Not too sure what is troubling you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    edit: also did it with the tarp model to check if it was only vanilla models
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  9. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Oh! You have to specify the models/ part for some reason. That's probably why it wasn't working then.

10. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm, now I'm having another issue. Despite the fact that I explicitly set the origin of the model below the actual physical bottom, it's touching the floor. I tried physically raising the entity off the ground, and it did the same thing. Is it not even possible to specify how high off the ground the model is? I could swear they said in the commentary, for example, that one of the health kits in Gravel Pit was raised higher off the ground than usual so you could regain health while rocket jumping.