Can we get a EU admin?

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Right now there's some random dude trolling and spamming the hell out of the chat, as he's been for a few hours, and we can't do shit about it because all the admins are asleep. I think we need a UK/EU admin, for a few reasons.

• Of the nine group admins, I haven't seen four in chat for months. All the others are america, or mostly on american time.
  • We've just lost two admins: yyler's foresworn the internet and tech's left under a self-generated cloud. They were two of the most frequently online.
  • When stuff like this happens on EU time, the american admins are all asleep, and we just have to put up with it.
  • Plus, a lot of the time when we want to start impromptu's, all the admins are working, and we need to wait for them to come online to get an announcement or uploads.

I think we need an EU/Australian admin. They don't have to do much, just be trustworthy enough to get the star for announcements and chat moderation.

My intention was REALLY not to make an F4A thread here, but I think i'd do a pretty decent job. I'm online a lot of the right times, and from a month or so on can be online basically all the time. I don't argue or piss about too much, i've tried to help out the community a bunch and i'll keep the Social Justice Warrior shit under wraps.

Alternatively, and i'd rather see anyone but me, I suggest Howling Techie, or another EU person like Umbratile or JeanPaul. Like I said, they don't need to do much, just be there when we need them.

Thus ends this crappy manifesto.

EDIT: To clarify, they only need be a steam admin. I think the site's doing alright.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
They don't need to be admins necesarily. Steam added the possibility of having moderators in steam groups. Could just set up moderators to be able to moderate chat, and then pick a handful of trusted individuals to assume the moderator roles.

We might need the creator to do that, and I don't know how active he is.

(I recommend bloodhound)