Can someone Help me...

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by aaron5015, Mar 3, 2015.

1. aaron5015

aaron5015 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Convert cp_dustbowl into like a mannhattan map?
    Its a perfect match but i need to know how to do so it cant be TOO hard right?
    im not requesting it...im posting it here because i couldnt find where to post it...
    thanks.
    read latest post or read it here
    "im having problems with the map i made however
    WaveSpawnPopulator: Can't find target entity 'wave_start_relay' for StartWaveOutput
    and idk whats causing it"

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  2. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    Do you mean you want a version of Dustbowl in Mannhattan's urban theme, or to convert it from CP to MVM?

3. aaron5015

Positive Ratings:
    I want to make the map MVM but also have Mannhattan's features *it's gatebot things*

4. killohurtz

Positive Ratings:
    While that's not impossible, it would take a LOT of work to make Dustbowl fit for MVM. Including, but not limited to: shortening the map if you're using all 3 stages, widening the routes to give bots (giants especially) room to maneuver, implementing all the MVM logic, and writing a popfile for wave composition.

There are a whole host of changes you'd have to make to the layout and entities, so you'd probably be better off making a Dustbowl-inspired MVM map from scratch.

5. aaron5015

Positive Ratings:
    In that case im probably better off working on wallrun *a mvm map i've been working on that has robots come from underground go up to a second row and drop down to the hatch* but i cant find it ...i heard it was in HammerAutosave but idk where the heck that is.

6. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    Not sure about you, but mine just ended up in "C:/HammerAutosave."

7. aaron5015

Positive Ratings:
    Well my map is ruined...is there a map i can convert into a MVM map? *map is ruined because its not in hammerautosave either...hammer you screwed me over so bad.*

8. killohurtz

Positive Ratings:
    You can also find your autosave directory from Hammer - just go to Tools > Options > General and check the path that shows up. If you've got a map in progress, though, I can't imagine why you're depending on the autosave folder. Don't you have a folder where you store your maps?

9. aaron5015

Positive Ratings:
    no.

10. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Why not just make your own MVM map?

11. aaron5015

Positive Ratings:
    thats what im doing as of now.

12. aaron5015

Positive Ratings:
    im having problems with the map i made however
    WaveSpawnPopulator: Can't find target entity 'wave_start_relay' for StartWaveOutput
    and idk whats causing it