Can someone help me turn these maps into a VMF. file?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Bunker Junker, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Bunker Junker

Bunker Junker L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    (Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask for this sort of thing.)

Story: So my computer was acting weird today, it would just start loading up, but then freeze and then this blue screen would pop up. It would say that my computer ran into an error, and needed to restart, so I did, but it just went into a full circle. So I decided to kill my computer, and restart everything from scratch. Because of that, I was able to finally get back on my computer.

And also ended up deleting everything, including the map files.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now look, I know I could try to do this by myself, but apparently trying to figure out how to convert a BSP. into a VMF. is a lot harder than the opposite of that. So that's why I'm here.

Now you don't have to waste your time on this if you don't want to, it's perfectly fine.

Thanks if you guys do go out your way to help me with my issues, I appreciate it.

(And don't worry, I plan to get a flash/thumb drive after this experience, so this never happens again.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    Here you go, you'll have to redo your optimization and other stuff probably, as decompiling messes up things a bit.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    You seem to be having troubles frequently. I recommend backing up your VMFs online, using a service like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive (I personally use OneDrive because it's pre-installed on Windows 10). AFAIK they all have free services that allow you to automatically sync files/folders on your computer to the cloud. If you don't feel like using an online service, you could try storing them on a memory stick instead.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Bunker Junker

Positive Ratings:
    Ahh thanks buddy, you're a life saver.

Mmm, interesting, will try that out. Thanks for the recommendation.

5. Bunker Junker

Positive Ratings:
    Alright, I got my files on both Google drive, and on a memory stick, now I'm immortal!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    You can also get hammer to create automatic backups which can be saved directly to your cloud folder.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Bunker Junker

Positive Ratings:
    Huh, I did not know that Hammer does that.