Can someone help me add sun (+ lighs, shadows...) to the map?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Rímidak IV

L1: Registered
Oct 26, 2015
Hi, can you please help me add sun and other stuff to this map? I dont know how to do it and save it for SFM.
And if there is a sun and lights, whats wrong with my SFM then?

Here is teh maph: http://uloz.to/xrsHhUUK/cp-orange-x4-cszona-bsp (click on that big button "Stáhnout" and write code in, and again click on "Stáhnout" and it should start downloading...)

THX EVEN 4 RESPONDING!! :D

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Does this map you're using have HDR lighting? If not, you'll have to recompile it with HDR since SFM requires it to render the map properly.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
Also, if you want the effect in tf2 live render: know where shadows are being cast, and i forget the name of it, but I believe its env_sun... I may be wrong. Rn I am posting on a phone away from my pc, so I cannot verify

verified: yes, env_sun for a sun hdr source

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
light_environment for sun/moon light. env_sun is to put an actual physical sun in the sky if for some reason it's not just painted into the skybox (but it has a nice bloom effect that you don't get with a painted-on sun)

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
PS, i recommend you either use dropbox or the tf2maps uploader; i dont really want to visit sketchy download sites.

Rímidak IV

L1: Registered
Oct 26, 2015
Thanks guys for helping ^^ Still pretty dont know what I should do. Can someone write here step by step what should I do please? :)