Can someone help me add sun (+ lighs, shadows...) to the map?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Rímidak IV, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Rímidak IV

Rímidak IV L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, can you please help me add sun and other stuff to this map? I dont know how to do it and save it for SFM.
    And if there is a sun and lights, whats wrong with my SFM then?

Here is teh maph: http://uloz.to/xrsHhUUK/cp-orange-x4-cszona-bsp (click on that big button "Stáhnout" and write code in, and again click on "Stáhnout" and it should start downloading...)

THX EVEN 4 RESPONDING!! :D

2. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    Does this map you're using have HDR lighting? If not, you'll have to recompile it with HDR since SFM requires it to render the map properly.

3. MoonFox

MoonFox L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Also, if you want the effect in tf2 live render: know where shadows are being cast, and i forget the name of it, but I believe its env_sun... I may be wrong. Rn I am posting on a phone away from my pc, so I cannot verify

verified: yes, env_sun for a sun hdr source

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  4. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    light_environment for sun/moon light. env_sun is to put an actual physical sun in the sky if for some reason it's not just painted into the skybox (but it has a nice bloom effect that you don't get with a painted-on sun)

5. ExtraCheesyPie

ExtraCheesyPie L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    PS, i recommend you either use dropbox or the tf2maps uploader; i dont really want to visit sketchy download sites.

6. Rímidak IV

Rímidak IV L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks guys for helping ^^ Still pretty dont know what I should do. Can someone write here step by step what should I do please? :)

7. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Ask the creator of the map if he could compile the map with HDR lighting