Can I scale my whole map down?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Mr.Dirt, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Mr.Dirt

Mr.Dirt L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have a map with only brushes (no entities, props etc.) Is there a simple way to select the whole map and shrink it down to about 80% of its current size? Also, can I change the size of static props?

Thank you.

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Technically, yes it could be done. You wouldn't want to though because you would likely end up with vertices off-grid.

No you cannot change prop size without recompiling the prop.

3. megawac

megawac L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    You can but as ABS said, it wouldnt be a great idea.

If you do want to do it anyways select all your brushes than ctrl-m and scale to said value.

It might be more efficient to just remake the map cause you may be forced going brush to brush vertex editing them.

4. Mr.Dirt

Positive Ratings:
    how do I scale a brush down using ctrl+M? I'm assuming its under scale, but i tried everything like 2, -20, -20, 20% 1/2 and everything i have tried just makes it bigger.

5. Jimbomcb

Jimbomcb L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    it's a multiplier, 2 will double the size, 0.5 with half the size etc

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  6. Mr.Dirt

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks. Sorry if these are noob questions, but i have to crawl before i can walk i guess

7. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Remember to try asking the TF2Maps chat first, always full of helpful people who can easily give you answers to questions like this without the hassle of threads.

Linky Link!