Can i complete my map without light_enviroment(shading)?

Macanick

L1: Registered
Dec 12, 2016
i think people misunderstanding my question...
i said if there's problem on fullbright, tell me how to make it similar to fullbright maps
i'm not saying it only need to be exclude light_enviroment so i'll never complete/publishing it without lightings if that makes trouble

now i know it's wrong if compiling map without VRAD
i'll try some other way make it look similar to them that you all said
(maybe there's way to compile without light_enviroment because the case of dr_wolfenstein)

Thanks for the advice everyone!

and in addition, don't interfere too much to other's problem with only your sight
being self-assertive without knowing the other's thoughts is not so helpful

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
i think people misunderstanding my question...
i said if there's problem on fullbright, tell me how to make it similar to fullbright maps
i'm not saying it only need to be exclude light_enviroment so i'll never complete/publishing it without lightings if that makes trouble

now i know it's wrong if compiling map without VRAD
i'll try some other way make it look similar to them that you all said
(maybe there's way to compile without light_enviroment because the case of dr_wolfenstein)

Thanks for the advice everyone!

and in addition, don't interfere too much to other's problem with only your sight
being self-assertive without knowing the other's thoughts is not so helpful
Look at Egan's post a few posts above.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Anyway, if your map is made entirely out of custom materials and you want it to look fullbright for aesthetic reasons (say you're making it look like Tron or Antichamber or something), you can accomplish this by making every material UnlitGeneric instead of LightmappedGeneric, and then using a lot of constant lights to keep player models well-lit.
Oh, and if your map happens to take place entirely "outside", you can just use a light_envrionment facing straight down and not bother with any other light entities. Aaaaaaand, if your map is indoors but all on one floor like a Wolfenstein 3D level, you can make the ceiling a func_brush set to not cast shadows, pop on a skybox brush above that, and use a light_environment anyway (albeit a dimmer one to properly simulate indoor lighting).