Can I change func_precipitation on or off or change its values with inputs/outputs?

fattyeater

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2020
Im using func_precipitation for rain, and I want an event to make the rain rain more. (And Im using func_precipitation because I like it and Im a noob making a stupid map) So is there a way to make an output change the density of the rain by either toggling it on and off or changing the rain density value?

Thanks

fattyeater

Apr 23, 2020

Could you ellaborate on AddOutput. Do you mean that I "Via this input": AddOutput", or do you mean to just look into outputs and see from there. Because if you mean the second one, it doesnt help, but if you mean the first output, could you ellaborate what to do? There is no specific density changing option where I look from the choices.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
from whatever triggers the change, do this:

upload_2020-5-20_9-29-38.png

targeting our func entity that looks like this
upload_2020-5-20_9-30-24.png

you can change any key/value pair this way!

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/AddOutput

fattyeater

Apr 23, 2020
Thanks, just a few questions. Do you have like a different version of Hammer with those names like renderamt instead of density? Is rain_block just something you named the func_precipitation?
Thanks!

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
turn off "Smart Edit" on an entity to see the true names of its keys (Smart Edit makes stuff more human readable, it's on by default)

and yeah i just named the func.