Cameras and Respawns

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Korushi

L1: Registered
Jul 28, 2009
Tried asking for help on the tf2 forum, but.. well, if it worked, I wouldn't be here.

OK, so I'm making a jail-break map (think arena, but down doesn't always mean out) but in order for this to work I need help with 2 questions.
1. I need the players to spawn in one spot on the game starts, but once they die, they go to a different respawn room.

2. I need to know how to make a monitor that plays real-time footage from a camera. ( I read about "point_camera" and "func_monitor", but sadly, the "point_camera" entitie does not exist in the tf2 world.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Korushi

Jul 28, 2009
Tried setting up teleport, but that didn't work for me.
I also tried making a logic_auto then in outputs:

On MultiNewRound -> FIRST SPAWN POINT -> Enable -> Delay of 0 seconds.
On MultiNewRound -> FIRST SPAWN POINT -> Disable -> Delay of 1 second.
On MultiNewRound -> SECOND SPAWN POINT -> Enable -> Delay of 1 second.
On MultiNewRound -> SECOND SPAWN POINT -> Disable -> Delay of 0 seconds.
But that didn't work either. Can anyone help point out what Im doing wrong?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Could you explain a bit more about the intended flow of the map? Setup time or no? win conditions?

I'm thinking you could use the OnSetupFinished output from a team_round_timer to disable the first spawns and enable the second ones. Nevermind the teleport bit... I think I mistook what you wanted for something more complicated.

Korushi

Jul 28, 2009
I want is so that, when the game starts the players of, say red team, spawn in a red base. But after the match has started (actually started, not just setup.)when someone dies, they respawn in a different room.
The way that I play to use this is to make it so that players spawn in there respected bases, but if they die once the match has started, they respawn in "jail".