Calore

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Petrusite (or Tharsis?) by Frazer "midget31394" Grant
Alpha 1.0 - (in development)

Overview
This is an entry for the TF2Maps.net Annual Major Contest #3. This will hopefully be the first map I complete for Team Fortress 2, as I have yet to complete a map past alpha stages.

It is a payload race gametype, and I have decided either 1 or 2 stages, depending on my time constraints throughout the summer.

Story
RED and BLU are both on a train to a refinery. They each have a shipement of petrusite to deliver to "Mann Co. Arms Manufacturer". Petrusite is in high demand, both teams are in a race to get the petrusite into the cargo bay of the train.

For months and months, the "Mann Co. Arms Manufacturer" have been supplying weapons to many governments. Now Petrusite is in high demand, but only one group of people get paid per shipment. Both RED and BLU need money for their CEOs. To make this mission successful both RED and BLU have been supplied with weapons by their companies' officials.

Layout
It will be flat for most of this, I don't really want to work with slopes. It will be long and thin(ish) with a "break" in the middle of the first point. We'll see how this pans out.

Development
*The current version is Alpha 1.0.

Right now, I have round one laid out in my mind. I have the spawn rooms working perfectly, now it's onto building my geometry. I will probably release a1 by next week, I'm sticking to getting one round fully done, developed, detailed and optimized before I move onto the second. This is so I have a judge of how long I have to finish stage 2 by, I don't want to end up rushing it for the contest, so depending on that I may only release round 1 in for the contest, and work on round two when the contest is finished.

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
To-do:

Open Hammer, place brush, two payload bombs, PLR_ entites, cordon, screenshots.

At least do that.

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
This wouldn't happen to be inspired by Matt's squiggly line concept art for a vertical PLR map, would it?

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
No its not. if you misinterpreted the image its the view form above. And the squig- concept art had nothing to do with it :p

MrTwoVideoCards

L1: Registered
Aug 27, 2008
I think based on the lines, it would be a Very hard pl map to play unless there were heavy amounts of paths connecting them. Almost all the designs intersect only once, and thereafter spread apart very far over what appears to be a large distance. Then again that can always change with how you scale everything!

Last edited:

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
Well, I just got started on the red spawn, and some tests. Pics on OP

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
the name in the image... plr_tbd. It would more likely have been plr_to be done :D

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
Atleast someone is doing PLR :O

Fraz

aa
Dec 28, 2008
Started on my custom skybox texture, still some work to do on it though (alot)

I just need to start figure out the lighting origins for my light_environment and all that stuff.

EDIT: I think I got the lighting the way I think it should be, I just now need a new skybox texture... lol

Last edited: