KotH Cage Fight V3

TehStoneMan

L1: Registered
Jun 15, 2012
This is a map I made with the focus on boxing contests.

In the centre of the map is the boxing ring, enclosed within a cage to prevent interferance from the audience. The inside of the cage is also a health regeneration zone to prolong the match.

Overlooking the cage is the referee box. From in here, the referee can operate the cage doors by standing on a pair of plates by the window. There are also buttons here to control the rate of health regen within the cage, and a pair of buttons to explode unco-operative players in the cage.

Outside is the combat arena (not to be confused with the arena game type) where anybody not interested in the boxing event can go and fight it out amongst themselves.

The arena also containes a hidden KOTH cap point that can be opened from inside the ref-box. But once the point has been capped, it can't be closed again.

Last edited:

MetalKev

L2: Junior Member
Mar 5, 2012
The concept reminds me of the MGE mod, but the presence of a referee seems really unique.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Those benches are split in two for seating on two sides; you don't need two parallel ones.

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
Those benches are split in two for seating on two sides; you don't need two parallel ones.

Those in the locker room? I disagree. They're just made of two planks. Compare their size to that of the lockers; A single plank is way too narrow to sit comfortably on.

The map concept seems like a thing that would feel dumb but hilarious to play on once in a while. Try pitching it to whoever runs the SPUF servers. I'm pretty sure they'd run it, and if they do I'll play on it.

Last edited:

TehStoneMan

Jun 15, 2012
OK, I've tried it out with only a single line of benches. Not really sure which one looks better, so I did a side-by-side comparrison.

I set up one room with single benches, and the other with double.

cagefightspawncompare.jpg

TehStoneMan

Jun 15, 2012
Update - RC1

Just cleaning up textures and details. If no problems with the map are found, will most likely be re-compiling this as the final version soon.