CP Bunyan

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Idolon, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings:
    My attempt at the Winter 2015 72hr contest. May or may not finish this before the deadline, but I felt like making a thread.

Bunyan plays out as asymmetrical KotH - red starts owning the point, and has to hold it for 6 minutes to win. Blue, on the other hand, only has to hold the point for 1 minute. Essentially 1cp a/d, but with a requirement of holding the point.

(Map uses the name my old map, arena_bunyan. This map is not the same, I'm just reusing the name)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  2. ibex

aa ibex

Positive Ratings:
    Hey... Uh, I actually released (for like 3 gamedays) a map called wash back in September..though I didn't make a thread for it. And I do still plan on working on it...so uh..

3. Idolon

Positive Ratings:
    I'll find another name. In the future, make sure to make a thread so that this doesn't happen.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    I say keep the name, if you don't make a thread, you didn't stake a claim. :)

5. ibex

aa ibex

Positive Ratings:
    I haven't made a thread because it's broken at this point and I didn't want to release something broken.. The few alphas I released don't have some of the right files, too.

The only reason you won't run into server issues is because you'd be putting a different prefix in front of it.

6. Idolon

Positive Ratings:
    TF2Maps.net isn't the official arbiter of map names. He had the name first, so he can keep it.

7. Idolon

Positive Ratings:
    I've decided I'm not gonna finish this in time (too many real life things to do), so here's a screenshot of how far I got:

[​IMG]

About one hours-worth of work. I'll be picking this up when I get the chance.