Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
any maps in the midsts?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
uh.......... oh yeah I was gunna do roswell.....

I'll make sure I play that tonight :thumbup1:

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I've been attempting to find servers running cp_broma, but pretty much every time I do, I join and the map immediately changes. I'm also thinking of reviewing cp_egypt if I can get a few more rounds on it.

I'm also thinking we should remove Scottland Tom as a reviewer, since he pretty much vanished shortly after we started this. Any thoughts on a replacement?

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
^ honestly I've been talking to Corion. He actually was a map reviewer staff for a ut3 site, and sounds highly interested in wanting our review section to be one of the more prominent features of our site, something to get better map traffic and server admins from poor fpsb.

Have we checked with Snipergen?

Up for any suggestions though, and sadly i agree with Scottland Tom, at least until his life settles down some and he can join us again.

Corion

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
Hi guys.

So what's the general procedure for reviewing maps? Do we only review submitted maps? Or do we seek out popular maps and put them under the harsh spotlight of a professional review?

Also, might I suggest that, at least in cases where one of the reviewers here is not the author of a map under review, we post our reviews for the other reviewers to check over for 3-5 days before making them official? This was the general procedure of the review website I volunteered at previously. It helps polish the reviews immensely, especially if the other reviewers did get some play time on that map.

EDIT: Also, I did want to note that my reviews are often quite harsh. I've yet to decide if that's a bad thing or just an okay thing. While we don't want to turn people off of mapping altogether, official reviews and write-ups can be used by authors to seriously improve on their personal mapping flaws.

However, looking back at my scoring vs. user-scoring on the previous review site, I was usually .5 to 1 points lower (on a 10 point scale) than the average user reviews.

This is one of the reasons I would like to get feedback on our reviews before posting - something I thought might have been a serious flaw in a map might only be a tad annoying to one of you, or something I thought particularly awesome could have ruined a map for you. (Or vice versa.)